The report, ‘Arriving at Thriving’ published by The Higher Education Commission is the most comprehensive to date, making clear recommendations for Universities.
- A senior leader must take responsibility
- Conduct a review of access to learning
- Provide training for staff
- Monitor and reduce the administrative burden
- Revise criteria for hardship grants
- Provide funding to student unions specifically for access
- Make accommodation affordable
- Include disability section in National Student Survey
There are new legal requirements which are particularly relevant now that teaching is being delivered exclusively via Moodle.
The 90% increase in disabled students within the last decade illustrates the importance of making this a proactive effort.
Learning should be unified and well-structured. Implementing Universal Design Learning principles and adhering to the WCAG guidelines
Digital Accessibility Maturity Model 1
Disabled Students Comission